Whether you wish to escape and relax, or to explore and be active, Hopewell Conservation Estate offers and caters for the discerning to the adventurous.
Hopewell Villa is a sophisticated retreat at the heart of a serene 2 500 hectare nature reserve, just 30 minutes from Port Elizabeth’s golden beaches. Encompassed by the breathtaking natural beauty of the Garden Route, Bavaainskloof Mega-Reserve and acclaimed larger Eastern Cape conservation area, this picturesque escape is the ideal location from which to explore the regions wealth of natural, cultural and historical treasures.
Overlooking the stunning Hopewell Conservation Estate, this four bedroom contemporary style self-catering villa accommodates up to 10 guests in tranquil luxury. A modern oasis, it is designed to embrace and enhance guests experience of their richly diverse surroundings in one of South Africa’s ultimate biodiversity hotspots.
Wrap-around glass doors dissolve to reveal panoramic vistas of many contrasting and transfixing landscapes which crisscross the reserve and it’s five unique biomes. Whether it’s watching the light of dawn illuminate fragrant carpets of fynbos or keeping time to shadows darkening cliff-faces above lush valleys, Hopewell Villa offers endless awe-inspiring views for guests to enjoy.
Elegantly furnished interior living spaces flow seamlessly onto multiple outdoor relaxation areas. Nestled atop a gently flowing stream, they offer wonderful opportunities to observe herds of eland, Cape mountain zebra and other plains game feeding casually on the surrounding vegetation. Bushbuck and kudu frequently browse on the villa’s adjacent thicket, allowing for magical encounters.
With its emphasis on fluidity between indoor and outdoor living, a stay at Hopewell Villa is a truly immersive experience. It’s open-concept design provides unbroken scenic views from every living space, ensuring guests can easily spot the over 150 different bird species or elusive night-time residents, as they relax in refined comfort.
Designed and imbibed with a sense of synergy and connection to its bushveld surrounds, Hopewell Villa is contemporary luxury in the heart of ancient Africa.
The Hopewell Experience
*Optional extras in bold (at pre-bookings only)
- Absorb the many delightful vistas of this richly diverse landscape as you enjoy your morning coffee or tea to the distant cry of an African Fish Eagle
- Soak in the freshly scented air and African sunshine as you explore the multi-purpose nature trails - ideal for mountain biking, hiking and trail running - that traverse Hopewell Conservation Estate’s five distinct biomes
- Savour the privilege of observing majestic herds of indigenous plains game in this millennia-old environment on a self-drive game drive
- Enjoy a private game drive to world-renowned Addo Elephant National Park. Less than an hour from Hopewell Conservation Estate, Addo Elephant National Park is South Africa’s third largest game reserve and home to 7 of the Big 8.
- Take in a round of golf at The Wedgewood Golf Course
- Witness a spectacular African sunset whilst enjoying sundowners in the refreshing waters of an 18 metre pool with separate children's section
- Relax around a crackling fire, keeping an eye out for genets, caracals and other elusive nocturnal wildlife
Hopewell's contemporary style villa can accommodate 10 guests and includes:
- 4 bedrooms with queen size beds
- 6 beds
- Percale linen and additional plush blankets
- 4 bathrooms (3 en-suite) with heated towel rails
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Open-plan lounge
- Dining room
- Wine cellar (wine not included)
- Indoor fireplace
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Smart TV with Netflix and DSTV Go
- Laundry facilities
- Weber Kettle Braai (charcoal only)
Hopewell Amenities and Services
Guests at Hopewell Villa can enjoy:
- Weekly full housekeeping service (full clean and linen change)
- Fireplace guards
- Room darkening
- Access to the nature reserve's network of multi-purpose trails (designed with mountain biking, hiking and trail running in mind)
- 25 kilometre self-drive game route
- 18 metre pool with separate children's section
Hopewell Conservation Estate lies less than half an hour from Port Elizabeth's CBD. Located adjacent to the Baviaanskloof Mega-Reserve, it is perfectly suited for guests seeking an idyllic escape with convenient access to local attractions and amenities including:
- Addo Elephant National Park - 50 minutes
- Seaview Predator Park - 20 minutes
- Kragga Kamma Game Park - 20 minutes
- Wedgewood Golf Estate - 5 minutes
- World Class Beaches - 20 minutes
- Port Elizabeth International Airport - 25 minutes
- Baywest Shopping Mall - 10 minutes
- 3 kilometres past the Wedgewood Golf Course (use this in GPS)
- Follow the brown tourist sign indicating Hopewell off Old Cape Road
- Travel 3 kilometres down the gravel road to the Hopewell Estate main security gate
- Check in at the Vineyard Clubhouse
- After hour check-ins to collect keys at security office at the main gate
High Season Rates
18 March - 4 Apr 2022 | 25 Jun - 18 Jul 2022 | 1 Oct - 10 Oct 22 | 15 Dec 2022 - 15 Jan 2023
Self Catering Villa (Max Pax 10) R 5 000 per night
15 Apr - 18 Apr 2022 | 27 Apr - 2 May 2022 | 16 June - 19 June 2022 | 06 Aug - 09 Aug 2022
Self Catering Villa (Max Pax 10) R 4000 per night
Low Season Rates
16 Jan - 17 Mar 2022 | 4 Apr - 14 Apr 2022 | 19 Apr -26 Apr 2022 | 3 May - 05 June 2022 | 20 June - 24 June 2022 | 19 Jul - 5 Aug 2022 | 10 Aug - 30 Sep 2022 | 11 Oct - 14 Dec 2022
Self Catering Villa (Max Pax 10) R 3 500 per night
The Villa does not have an age restriction for children. However, Hopewell Conservation Estate does not have any baby-specific facilities e.g. camp cots, feeding chairs etc. Guests are welcome to bring their own.
- No parties or events
- Check-in time is between 2 PM and 5 PM
- Check out by 10 AM
- No pets allowed
- No smoking inside
- No motor bikes allowed
- No loud music as this is a nature reserve
- No picking or collecting of fauna and flora
You must also acknowledge:
A mandatory Security Deposit of R1500 is payable upfront, for in case you damage the home. If all is found to be in order upon your departure, your deposit of R 1500 will be refunded.
A minimum stay requirement of 2 nights applies.
Deposits & Cancellations
A minimum deposit payment of 50% is required to secure/confirm a booking. Full pre-payment is required 30 days prior to the date of arrival unless alternative payment terms have been agreed upon. For bookings made less than 30 days prior to arrival, full pre-payment within 72-hours is required.
The guest will be charged 50% of the total accommodation value if they cancel after reservation, and the total accommodation value if they cancel in the 30 days (i.e. 29-0 days) prior to arrival.