In the foothills of the majestic Groot Winterhoek Mountain Range, nestled in a hidden valley at the heart of a pristine nature reserve, Hopewell Conservation Estate’s Glamping experience offers an idyllic escape and indulgently intimate encounter with the rich natural beauty and heritage of South Africa’s Eastern Cape.
In this secluded retreat, surrounded by 2 500 hectares of tranquil and unspoilt fynbos and valley bushveld, guests can immerse themselves in the spectacular landscape, unwind to the sounds and calls of the African bush and reconnect with nature amidst the infinite natural beauty and wonder of one of South Africa’s most biodiverse regions.
Blending in seamlessly with their wild surroundings, the five eco-friendly and private tents perfectly frame magnificent views of picturesque valley scenery, dramatic cliffs and the gently flowing stream which winds its way in front of camp.
Each spacious tent can accommodate two guests and is fully-furnished with all the creature comforts, from en suite bathrooms and hot showers to percale linen and plush fleece blankets. With complimentary breakfast and dinner as well as WiFi and mobile connectivity (at the Vineyard Clubhouse), it’s all the pleasure of a bush camping adventure enhanced by the amenities of hotel luxury.
The Hopewell Experience
- Enjoy a complimentary coffee and tea tray whilst watching the sun rise over the valley and listening to the dawn chorus of over 150 bird species
- Appreciate the splendour of watching indigenous game, including giraffe, Cape mountain zebra and eland in a millennia old landscape and as they wander through your camp
- Enjoy a private game drive through the world-renowned Addo Elephant National Park. Situated just 50 minutes from Hopewell Conservation Estate, Addo Elephant National Park is South Africa's third largest game reserve and home to 7 of South Africa's Big 8.
- Take in a round of golf at The Wedgewood Golf Course
- Relax in the crystal clear and refreshing waters of an 18 metre pool
- Revitalize with one of several massage packages on offer
- Sample gastronomic delights at the Vineyard Clubhouse (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- Be mesmerized by the brilliant African night sky in the warmth of a blazing fire
- Fall asleep to the sounds of a gently flowing stream and an evening symphony of cicadas, tree frogs and fiery-necked nightjars.
Each of the 5 stylish tents can accommodate 2 guests and includes:
- 2 comfortable single beds
- En suite bathroom
- Indoor shower
- Fresh percale linen and fleece blankets
- Fresh towels and Healing Earth body care products
- Complimentary coffee and tea tray
Guests of the Hopewell Conservation Estate Glamping Experience can enjoy:
Luxury 18 metre pool with childrens section Vineyard Clubhouse with free WiFi Vineyard Clubhouse communal rest area- subject to availability Open boma area and fire pit Kitchen 55 kilometres of mountain biking and hiking trails
- No smoking
- Not suitable for pets
- No parties or events
- Not safe or suitable for children under 5
- Check-in time from 1 PM
- Meal times
- Breakfast 7:30 and 9 AM
- Dinner 6:30 and 8 PM
- Bar service closes at 8 PM
- Must climb stairs - some tents are located on raised timber decks
- Some spaces are shared - shared Clubhouse, boma and pool
- Amenity limitations - WiFi available at Clubhouse and limited mobile coverage, solar and oil lanterns
- Surveillance and recording devices on property - 24 hour patrols
Cancel up to 24 hours before check in and get a full refund (minus service fees). Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable. Service fees are refunded when cancellation happens before check in and within 48 hours of booking.