Whether seeking adventure and exploration; or an escape into serenity; a stay at Hopewell Conservation Estate's tented camp can be tailored to meet guests every need.
Nestled in a hidden valley at the heart of a pristine nature reserve, in the foothills of the majestic Groot Winterhoek Mountain Range, Hopewell Conservation Estate’s Glamping experience offers an idyllic and indulgently intimate encounter with the rich natural beauty and heritage of South Africa’s Eastern Cape.
In this secluded retreat, surrounded by 2 500 hectares of tranquil and unspoilt fynbos and valley bushveld, guests can immerse themselves in the spectacular landscape, unwind to the sounds and calls of the African bush and reconnect with nature amidst the infinite natural beauty and wonder of one of South Africa’s most biodiverse regions.
Blending in seamlessly with their wild surroundings, the five eco-friendly and private tents perfectly frame magnificent views of picturesque valley scenery, dramatic cliffs and the gently flowing stream which winds its way in front of camp.
Each spacious tent can accommodate two guests and is fully-furnished with all the creature comforts, from en suite bathrooms and hot showers to percale linen and plush fleece blankets. With complimentary breakfast and dinner as well as WiFi and mobile connectivity (at the adjacent Vineyard Clubhouse), it’s all the pleasure of a bush camping adventure enhanced by the amenities of hotel luxury.
The Hopewell Experience
- Enjoy a complimentary coffee and tea tray whilst watching the sun rise over the valley and listening to the dawn chorus of over 150 bird species
- Appreciate the splendour of watching indigenous game, including giraffe, Cape mountain zebra and eland in a millennia old landscape and as they wander through your camp
- Unwind in one of several peaceful picnic areas
- Enjoy a private game drive through the world-renowned Addo Elephant National Park. Situated just 50 minutes from Hopewell Conservation Estate, Addo Elephant National Park is South Africa's third largest game reserve and home to 7 of South Africa's Big 8.
- Take in a round of golf at The Wedgewood Golf Course
- Relax in the crystal clear and refreshing waters of an 18 metre pool
- Revitalize with one of several massage packages on offer
- Sample gastronomic delights, at the easily accessible Vineyard Clubhouse (Breakfast and Dinner included), prepared by visionary Executive Chef Steven Leverington who has traveled extensively within The Mantis Collection.
- Be mesmerized by the brilliant African night sky in the warmth of a blazing fire
- Fall asleep to the sounds of a gently flowing stream and an evening symphony of cicadas, tree frogs and fiery-necked nightjars.
Each of the 5 stylish tents can accommodate 2 guests and includes:
- 2 comfortable single beds which can be combined into a double
- En suite bathroom
- Indoor shower
- Fresh percale linen and fleece blankets
- Toasty electric blankets
- Fresh towels and Healing Earth body care products
- Complimentary coffee and tea tray
Guests of the Hopewell Conservation Estate Glamping Experience can enjoy:
Luxury 18 metre pool with childrens' section Vineyard Clubhouse with free WiFi Vineyard Clubhouse communal rest area- subject to availability Open boma area and fire pit 55 kilometres of mountain biking and hiking trails
Hopewell Conservation Estate lies less than half an hour from Port Elizabeth's CBD and its acclaimed golden beaches. The reserve is encompassed by the magnificently lush beauty of the Garden Route, Baviaanskloof Mega-Reserve and renowned Eastern Cape conservation area. All this makes Hopewell Conservation Estate perfectly suited for guests seeking an idyllic escape with convenient access to local attractions and amenities. Including:
- Addo Elephant National Park- 50 minutes
- Seaview Predator Park- 20 minutes
- Kragga Kamma Game Park- 20 minutes
- Wedgewood Golf Estate- 5 minutes
- World Class Beaches- 20 minutes
- Port Elizabeth International Airport- 25 minutes
- Baywest Shopping Mall- 10 minutes
- No smoking
- Not suitable for pets
- No parties or events
- Not safe or suitable for children under 5
- Check-in time from 1 PM
- Late checkout on Sunday at 2:30 PM
- Meal times
- Breakfast 7:30 and 9 AM
- Dinner 6:30 and 8 PM
- Sunday Lunch is between 12 and 3 PM
- Bar service closes at 8 PM
- Must climb stairs - some tents are located on raised timber decks
- Some spaces are shared - shared Clubhouse, boma and pool
- Amenity limitations - WiFi available at Clubhouse and limited mobile coverage, solar and oil lanterns
- Surveillance and recording devices on property - 24 hour patrols
- Swimming towels not provided
Cancel up to 24 hours before check in and get a full refund (minus service fees). Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable. Service fees are refunded when cancellation happens before check in and within 48 hours of booking.