Whether you wish to escape and relax, or to explore and be active, Hopewell Conservation Estate offers and caters for the discerning to the adventurous.
Hopewell Villa is a sophisticated retreat at the heart of a serene 2 500 hectare nature reserve, just 30 minutes from Port Elizabeth’s golden beaches. Encompassed by the breathtaking natural beauty of the Garden Route, Bavaainskloof Mega-Reserve and acclaimed larger Eastern Cape conservation area, this picturesque escape is the ideal location from which to explore the regions wealth of natural, cultural and historical treasures.
Overlooking the stunning Hopewell Conservation Estate, this four bedroom contemporary style villa accommodates up to 10 guests in tranquil luxury with both catered and self-catering options. A modern oasis, it is designed to embrace and enhance guests experience of their richly diverse surroundings in one of South Africa’s ultimate biodiversity hotspots.
Wrap-around glass doors dissolve to reveal panoramic vistas of many contrasting and transfixing landscapes which criss-cross the reserve and it’s five unique biomes. Whether it’s watching the light of dawn illuminate fragrant carpets of fynbos or keeping time to shadows darkening cliff-faces above lush valleys, Hopewell Villa offers endless awe-inspiring views for guests to enjoy.
Elegantly furnished interior living spaces flow seamlessly onto multiple outdoor relaxation areas. Nestled atop a gently flowing stream, they create unrivaled opportunities to observe herds of eland, Cape mountain zebra and other plains game feeding casually on the surrounding vegetation. Bushbuck and kudu frequently browse on the villa’s adjacent thicket, allowing for magical encounters.
With its emphasis on fluidity between indoor and outdoor living, a stay at Hopewell Villa is a truly immersive experience. It’s open-concept design provides unbroken scenic views from every living space, ensuring guests can easily spot the over 150 different bird species or elusive night-time residents, as they relax in refined comfort.
Designed and imbibed with a sense of synergy and connection to its bushveld surrounds, Hopewell Villa is contemporary luxury in the heart of ancient Africa.
The Hopewell Experience
- Absorb the many delightful vistas of this richly diverse landscape as you enjoy your morning coffee or tea to the distant cry of an African Fish Eagle
- Soak in the freshly scented air and African sunshine as you explore the 55 kilometres of mountain bike and hiking trails that traverse Hopewell Conservation Estate’s five distinct biomes
- Further your appreciation and understanding of this biodiversity hotspot on either a guided walking safari or horseback trail
- Savour the privilege of observing majestic herds of indigenous plains game in this millenia-old environment
- While away relaxing afternoons in one of several peaceful picnic areas
- Enjoy a private game drive to world-renowned Addo Elephant National Park. Less than an hour from Hopewell Conservation Estate, Addo Elephant National Park is South Africa’s third largest game reserve and home to 7 of the Big 8.
- Unwind with one of several massage packages on offer
- Take in a round of golf at The Wedgewood Golf Course
- Sample a variety of delicious and wholesome artisinal meals, at the easily accessible Vineyard Clubhouse (pre-bookings only), prepared by visionary Executive Chef Steven Leverington who has traveled extensively within The Mantis Collection.
- Witness a spectacular African sunset whilst enjoying sundowners in the refreshing waters of an 18 metre pool with separate childrens' section
- Relax around a crackling fire, keeping an eye out for genets, caracals and other elusive nocturnal wildlife
Hopewell's contemporary style villa can accommodate 10 guests and includes:
- 4 bedrooms with queen size beds
- 5 beds
- 4 en-suite baths
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining room
- Dining cellar
- Indoor fireplace
- Laptop friendly workspace
- Laundry facilities
Hopewell Amenities and Services
Guests at Hopewell Villa can enjoy:
- Daily 1 hour general housekeeping service (making beds and quick clean)
- Weekly full housekeeping service (full clean and linen change)
- Fireplace guards
- Room darkening
- 55 kilometres of mountain biking and hiking trails
- 18 metre pool with separate childrens' section
- Pre-booked meals at Vineyard Clubhouse
Hopewell Conservation Estate lies less than half an hour from Port Elizabeth's CBD. Located adjacent to the Baviaanskloof Mega-Reserve, it is perfectly suited for guests seeking an idyllic escape with convenient access to local attractions and amenities including:
- Addo Elephant National Park- 50 minutes
- Seaview Predator Park- 20 minutes
- Kragga Kamma Game Park- 20 minutes
- Wedgewood Golf Estate- 5 minutes
- World Class Beaches- 20 minutes
- Port Elizabeth International Airport- 25 minutes
- Baywest Shopping Mall- 10 minutes
- 3 kilometres past the Wedgewood Golf Course (use this in GPS)
- Follow the brown tourist sign indicating Hopewell off Old Cape Road
- Travel 3 kilometres down the gravel road to the Hopewell Estate main security gate
- Check in at the Vineyard Clubhouse
- After hour check-ins to collect keys at security office
- No parties or events
- Check-in time is between 2 PM and 5 PM
- Check out by 10 AM
- No pets allowed
- No smoking inside
- No game drives or motor bikes allowed
- No loud music as this is a nature reserve
- No picking or collecting of fauna and flora
You must also acknowledge:
Security Deposit - if you damage the home, you may be charged up to R 1500
Cancel up to 7 days before check in and get a 50% refund (minus service fees). Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable. Service fees are refunded when cancellation happens before check in and within 48 hours of booking.